GAIN A BETTER UNDERSTANDING OF WHAT CONSTITUTES GOOD DECISION MAKING
SHARPEN CRITICAL THINKING SKILLS WITH AN EMPHASIS ON BEING MORE STRATEGIC, OBJECTIVE, AND CONFIDENT
Success in any organization rests on three primary skills: the insight and dedication to effectively leverage one’s own strengths, the motivation and talent for mobilizing others, and the business acumen to handle tough situations. In today’s world, the challenges we face and decisions we make are more complex than ever, which makes honing these skills increasingly difficult.
In this workshop, participants evaluate themselves and discuss a variety of strategies for effective planning, analysis, and decision making. Topics include acting with confidence, making decisions with integrity, being strategic, and leading change. Pitfalls that interfere with effective judgment are reviewed, along with strategies to avoid them.
DEFINING DECISION MAKING
As leaders progress from lower-level management to higher roles decision making becomes
- A larger proportion of what the leader does
- Increasingly more complex
- More proactive than reactive
Objectives of the Strategic Decision Making workshop include:
- Learn steps to work more strategically and develop an action plan around a current initiative
- Gain a better understanding of what constitutes good decision making
- Identify common errors and biases that negatively impact decisions
- Sharpen critical thinking skills with an emphasis on being more strategic, objective, and confident