A LEADER’S EFFECTIVENESS AT MANAGING A MULTIGENERATIONAL TEAM IS BECOMING MORE IMPORTANT
DO YOU FIND THAT GENERATIONAL DIFFERENCES ARE GETTING IN THE WAY OF YOUR TEAM’S PRODUCTIVITY?
Different generations pose unique management opportunities and challenges that leaders can benefit from understanding. Organizations should promote adaptive leadership skills and flexibility by exploring the motives and needs of different generations of employees. Leaders need to become more effective at relating to and leading employees of all ages. The differing needs of each generation can place a lot of pressure on leaders, so they need to be more versatile in understanding those needs and adapting.
Understanding the needs of each generation, and responding to these needs accordingly, can help increase appreciation of one another. This, in turn, can lead to better communication and collaboration among teams.
Objectives of the Managing Across Generations workshop include:
- Outline and define the major generational segments in today’s workplace
- Identify common communication preferences and motivators by segment
- Discuss and unpack generational pet-peeves, and cultivate an appreciation for differences
- Learn techniques for “managing up” and “managing down”
- Identify strategies to be more effective in working with various generations